Before you contact us, please read the following.
Frequently Asked Questions
To better serve you, we have compiled a short list of questions and answers that are among the most requested on our site.
For a complete list, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.
To reach the Telephone Center, you can call one of the following two numbers, depending on where you are located:
- From Massachusetts area codes 339/617/781/857
- From outside of Massachusetts
- From all other Massachusetts area codes not listed above
If you are in Massachusetts and are hearing impaired, call 877-768-8833.
The Telephone Center is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM except holidays. There are also more than 200 messages on policies and procedures available 24 hours a day.
To reach the Ombudsman's office, call 857-368-9455
Customer Bill of Rights
Changing Your Address
For security reasons, we cannot process address changes via the feedback form below. However, you may submit a change of address request online using our Online Transaction.
Please use our Download Forms page to obtain official forms. You may also obtain most forms from any RMV branch office.
"Page Not Found" or "Server Not Available" Errors
If you are having trouble accessing our secure transaction pages, for example, if you receive "Page not Found" or "Server not Available" messages, please verify that your web browser supports 128-bit SSL encryption.
To help us reply to your question, please include the following information:
- Your email address.
- Your daytime telephone number.
- If your question is about your registration, license, or title, please include the appropriate number.
- If you require information to be mailed, please include your mailing address in the "questions or comments" message.
- If you're contacting us about a specific transaction you posted on our web site, please include your transaction number.
- If you're contacting us about your license, registration, or title, please complete the fields in that section.
** If your email service uses spam filtering, please be sure to allow email from firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may not receive our response to your inquiry.
Please Note, Monday 3/3/2014:
The RMV is receiving inquires made using the form below but cannot respond at this time due to email system issues. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, we will reply as soon as possible.