Acceptable Identification Documents

License and ID

You must present a Social Security Number (SSN) that the RMV can verify with the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) as having been issued to you OR an acceptable Denial Notice from the SSA. If you present a Denial Notice, you must also present proof of acceptable visa status, an I-94 (Record of Arrival and Departure), and a current non-U.S. Passport.

The I-94 can be either a paper version from US Customs and Border Protection or a printout of an electronic version downloaded from their website:

Refer to the charts below for document requirements by transaction type.

Get Ready to Go, use these Checklists to complete your transaction quickly and in one visit.

Gov Delivery MassDOT Twitter MassDOT Flicker MassDOT Facebook MassDOT Youtube MassDOT Instagram MassDOT Blog MassDOT SocialMedia MassDOT Developer Resources
Translation Disabled |  Translation Support
Copyright © 2017 Commonwealth of Massachusetts