School Bus License

License and ID

To operate a school bus in Massachusetts, you need a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a Passenger (P) Endorsement and a School Bus (S) Endorsement. You also need a School Bus Driver Certificate from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU).

For more information on the School Bus License, please read the School Bus Driver "S" Endorsement brochure.

Please complete the School Bus Driver Instructor Certificate to renew your School Bus Driver Instructor Certificate.