Translation Required Policy

License and ID

If you present a document that is not written or printed in the English language, the Registrar may require the document to be accompanied by a translation that is certified by a bilingual teacher at an accredited Massachusetts college, university, or private language school, by a bilingual notary public, or by the local consulate for the document's country of origin.

If translated by a teacher or consulate, the translation must be printed on the letterhead of the consulate, college, university, or private language school and it must be properly formatted - see the the Translation Certificate. This must be printed on the translator's letterhead, completed by the translator, and submitted to the RMV with the foreign language document.

If translated by a notary, the translation must have the notary's official seal.

Gov Delivery MassDOT Twitter MassDOT Flicker MassDOT Facebook MassDOT Youtube MassDOT Instagram MassDOT Blog MassDOT SocialMedia MassDOT Developer Resources
Translation Disabled |  Translation Support
Copyright © 2017 Commonwealth of Massachusetts