The RMV's Section 5 Division gets its name from the statutory section number in chapter 90 of the Massachusetts General Laws that deals with
"General Registrations," (Dealers, Repairers, Owner-Contractors, Farmers and Transporters).
The actual law is Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 90, Section 5 but is often cited in print as MGL c.90, §5.
Section 5 Certificates of Registration and Registration Applications are printed on 8.5 x 11 white paper instead of the smaller card stock. This eliminates the need for additional acknowledgments and signature pages in the envelope, as all information and signatures will be required on one page.
Section 5 Registration Renewal Checklist
In order to complete your renewal, please provide all of the following in the same envelope:
- The signed Registration Application, stamped by your insurance agent
- The completed Compliance Letter (if applicable)
- Copy of current Dealer License (if applicable)
- The appropriate fee
Renewal Mailing Information:
- 2017 Dealer renewal applications will be mailed no later than 1/16/17
- 2017 Owner-Contractor renewal applications will be mailed no later than 4/16/17
- 2017 Transporter renewal applications will be mailed no later than 4/16/17
- 2017 Farm renewal applications will be mailed no later than 7/16/17
- 2017 Repair renewal applications will be mailed no later than 10/15/17
Important Information Regarding Financing 1/2014
Dealer Plate Advisory 5/2010