- The Requestor is a law enforcement agency, a criminal justice agency, or a court, and the records will be used to carry out official functions.
- The Requestor is a federal, state, or local governmental agency, or a private person or entity acting on behalf of a federal, state, or local government agency, and the records will be used to carry out the official functions of such federal, state, or local governmental agency.
- The Requestor is an insurance company, or an authorized agent or service carrier, and the records will be used to the extent authorized in the safe driver insurance plan and for the purposes of complying with the requirements of M.G.L. Chapter 90, §§ 1A, 34A, 34B, and 34H pertaining to motor vehicle liability policies.
- The Requestor is an insurer or insurance support organization, a self-insured entity, or an agent, employee or contractor of such, and the records will be used in connection with claims investigation activities, anti-fraud activities, rating or underwriting.
- The records will be used in connection with matters of motor vehicle or driver safety and theft, motor vehicle emissions, product alterations, recalls or advisories, performance monitoring of motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts or dealers, motor vehicles market research activities or survey research, or removal of non-owner records from the original owner records of a motor vehicle manufacturer.
- The records will be used in the normal course of business by a legitimate business or its agents, employees, or contractors, BUT ONLY (i) to verify the accuracy of personal information submitted by the individual to the business or its agents, employees or contractors, and (ii) if such information as so submitted is not correct or is no longer correct, to obtain the correct information, but only for the purposes of preventing fraud by, pursuing legal remedies against, or recovering on a debt or security interest against, the individual.
- The records will be used in connection with any civil, criminal, administrative, or arbitral preceding in any court or government agency or before any self-regulatory body, including the service of process, investigation in anticipation of litigation, and the execution or enforcement of judgments and orders, or pursuant to a court order.
- The records will be used in research activities and for use in producing statistical reports, provided that the personal information shall not be published, redisclosed, or used to contact the individual.
- The Requestor is an employer or its agent or insurer and the records will be used to obtain or verify information relating to a holder of a commercial driver's license that is required under the Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1986 (49 U.S.C. App. 2710 et seq.) or M.G.L. Chapter 90F.
- The records will be used in providing notice to the owner of towed or impounded vehicles.
- The Requestor is a private detective business or watch, guard or patrol agency licensed under the provisions of M.G.L. c. 147, §25, or under the laws of another state, and the records will be used only for a permitted use under the DPPA.
- The Requestor has obtained the written consent of the individual to whom the information relates to obtain such information.
- For any other use specifically authorized under State law, if such use is related to the operation of a motor vehicle or public safety.
Print This Page
Driver Privacy Protection Act