New York State Salvage Titles

If a Massachusetts resident or licensed dealer purchases a vehicle that has a New York Salvage Certificate (907A form), they must apply for a Massachusetts Salvage Title prior to selling the vehicle or bringing the vehicle for a salvage inspection. The reason for this is that the New York 907A form is a certificate issued by the insurance company and not a Salvage Title issued by the State of New York.


A $50.00 fee is required to complete the process.

To process a New York State Salvage Title:

  1. Follow the procedure for Salvage Inspections.
  2. Follow the procedure for Recovered Theft or Reconstructed Title.

Printer icon, opens print window Print This Page

Translation Disabled  | Translation Support
Massachusetts Department of Transportation

MassDOT Twitter massrmv MassDOT Facebook MassDOT Youtube MassDOT Blog MassDOT Site Policies MassDOT Developer Resources