Junk Vehicles

Titles and Salvage Vehicles

Any person who takes possession of a motor vehicle for the purpose of junking or scrapping must surrender the vehicle's Certificate of Title, Salvage Title, or any other document required by the Registrar as proof of ownership to the Registry of Motor Vehicles for cancellation within ten (10) days of receiving the vehicle. The record pertaining to a scrapped or junked vehicle is labeled "JUNK" and can never be titled or registered again in the Commonwealth.

Additional Information:

Detailed policies, information, and instructions about Junk Vehicles

Gov Delivery MassDOT Twitter MassDOT Flicker MassDOT Facebook MassDOT Youtube MassDOT Instagram MassDOT Blog MassDOT SocialMedia MassDOT Developer Resources
Translation Disabled |  Translation Support
Copyright © 2018 Commonwealth of Massachusetts